But, there is happiness to follow. My ward was throwing a Halloween Dance on Saturday so I, along with a couple friends, dressed up and headed out. The pictures aren't the greatest, but at least they're here. Ah, the joys of being single with no children to take Trick-or-Treating! Hanging out with friends and having a justifiable reason to be goofy is ALWAYS fun.
What were these three amazingly gorgeous women you ask? Well, we have the shiny, shimmery mermaid, Julie Powell, and Julia Childs. If you click on the picture, you'll get more detail-like the factastic patches C made to emmulate the cooking school Julia Childs and her two friends were involved with (for those who haven't seen Julie and Julia, go watch it---FUN show that inspired two costumes).
Had to get a picture of K's be-gilled shirt. I very much admired her creativity in coming up with a modest mermaid outfit, and it just looked really cool too! So, you can kind of see the gill on the back---if you look really closely. :) And the shimmer was her extra touch! Loved this costume.
But-to end on a positive note---there's always next year. I hope everyone had a fantastic time and enjoyed family bonding opportunities! Happy Halloween!!!

Hey Rachael,
ReplyDeleteLove your shoes, keep them out of the costume box!
Fund friends costumes!!! But being the mom to take the kids out is still better! Ust wait and see!
ReplyDeleteLove the costume. I still need to go see that movie! You look fab in your adorable costume.
ReplyDelete