Whew, what a week! As I look over what has happened in the past seven days, I marvel that the eternity they've contained has only been in one short week. So very much has happened. So very much has changed.
With the family experience we've had since Monday morning, life has been decidedly altered. I've so leaned on the prayers of friends and loved ones. The service that has been rendered to our family (all across the country) has been staggering. And I'm so grateful to EVERYONE, friends/family and strangers alike, for the faith they've shown.
One thing I've learned this week is just how grateful I am for my family. We are all so very different, but when it matters, we all unite to become this impressive whole. I am the youngest of five, ranging in ages from 39 to 28, born to two people who have been married for nearly forty years. We're each our own people. We each have our own lives. Before Monday, communication could have been better between us. Now-we are seven people (+ four spouses and 21 additional children-soon to be 22) united by a common bond. We are there for each other-no matter what. Despite past hurts, differences, etc., we are an amazing family. And I'm so thankful for each person in it.
I'm so thankful for the faith that my parents, Sunday school teachers, and friends have taught me. But this week, I'm in awe of my sister's faith. Despite what must be the worst pain conceivable, she stands firm in her faith. Her example has been one that will last my entire life and well into the eternities. My dear sister, playmate/photographer of my youth, she who taught me to love music and would play it with me for hours as a child, now teaches me again as an adult ,just who I want to be. And I'm thankful for her.
There are not enough words to explain just how grateful I feel. Through the sorrow of the past six days, so many teers have been shed, words uttered up in prayer, and hearts knit together. How grateful I am for one little girl who made me realize just how much love a family can have! So, I'm grateful to Mariah Grace. I'm thankful to a merciful Heavenly Family who will let my dear sister raise her perfect baby in Eternity. I'm thankful that we're all interconnected through the power of the Priesthood.
I'm thankful for the healing that comes through relying on our Savior. I'm thankful to be able to have taken time tonight to express my feelings about this experience. And I'm so thankful to be here-and to know each of you.
Truly, "I stand all amazed at the love..."
Chubbuck Days Parade
8 years ago

Love you Rachael. I love how you said this. I too am thankful for this amazing family I gained 10 years ago. I can't imagine life without you all. The sealing powers of heaven exist on earth.
ReplyDelete