Mariah Grace Washburn
In Loving Memory
December 8, 2009
So, this has not been the best week ever. But it has been truly amazing. From finding out that my sister Catherine's baby girl had lost her heartbeat at 39 weeks, to hearing of the miraculous birth of her beautiful little body, to picking out her resurrection clothes and ribbon (for what would have been her blessing blanket), and to knowing her little body has been laid to rest, it's been quite the emotional roller coaster. I keep expecting to find out there's been some horrible misunderstanding, that I've been dreaming...something-anything other than what is. But I know this is real. And while I wish it were different, I'm grateful for what is.
In no time at all, Mariah Grace was dubbed the family's Little Angel. There is such a comfort in knowing that this beautiful and perfect little girl is with our loving heavenly family. Words cannot explain the gratitude that we all feel for the prayers and fasting that have been given on behalf of our family. Please keep praying. We know that it is through those prayers that the strength has been granted to move through this heartwrenching trial. We are so appreciative of the friends and loved ones who have been there to assist the Washburns through this time. We are so appreciative of the knowledge that families ARE forever. We are so appreciative of a loving savior who understands the pain being felt. And we are so appreciative for the opportunity we have had to feel the tremendous influence of Mariah Grace's HUGE spirit.
So, as we embark upon the Christmas season, we are more grateful than ever for the gift Heavenly Father gave us in sending His son, Jesus Christ. Without that love, this time would be so much harder. So, thank you everyone for reminding us of the awesome love shown to us by our Heavenly Family...because you've been you. We've learned how precious life is...and just how precious our Savior's love is throughout the pains of life.


As I've said before, I'm not good at words and the others are, but I have to just say ditto to Rachael's comment. I know the Gospel Plan is absolutely true and depend on it at all times but never so much as now. I know that my precious Jennie will have her beautiful Mariah to rear in the Millenium where there will be no bad times or hard times or sad times because we will be able to see the Savior Himself ruling this world. What better place to be with such a perfect, precious spirit as Mariah's. We miss you little one and continue to picture you running, laughing and singing in Father's Gardens. Until we can be together.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of you constantly for days...and now I know why. I'm so very sorry for the family's loss and want you to know how much I care for you all. The family will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh..and yeah for the gospel! :)