Monday, January 4, 2010

Amazing "Grace"


Each baby that is born into my family holds a very special place in my Auntie's heart. Being the old maid in the family, I often reflect on whether or not I will get to experience motherhood in this life. And I don't know one way or the other. But one thing I do know...I can share a "mother heart" with every single niece and nephew, even those I've never gotten to hold.

Today, at 4:35 P.M., our newest gift entered this world, breathing, beautiful, and so very treasured. For this special little one will forever remind us of a precious little angel named Mariah Grace. Their shared middle name is no coincidence...and I am thankful to both my dear sisters for their amazing love. Baby Halle and our little Mariah angel are dear friends...none of us have ever doubted that. We so look forward to holding onto this priceless gift, and remembering another that we never got to hold.

But on this day of joy, I want to welcome this individual spirit into our family. Halle, we've been waiting for you...and we're oh so glad you're here with us. We love you sooooooo much (and your brothers and sister, and all your many cousins) and CANNOT wait to shower that love on you.

More than ever, I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for establishing the ability to make my family eternal. I do not take a single life in our family for granted...and cannot express the feelings in my heart. I sit here tonight, marvelling at the miracle of life...at the Plan of Salvation...at what our hearts contain. And I marvel at a Heavenly Family who has the ability to love us so much that they let those gifts be bestowed upon us. What a miracle!

So once more...welcome precious little one. Your Auntie adores you so.

Halle Grace Cothran
January 3, 2010
7lbs 4 oz.
21" long

I couldn't resist that picture of our Sleeping Beauty.

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful and she's lucky to be part of your earthly family. :D Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, Thank you! You are such a sweetheart. We know she loves you too. Her little spirit has been incredible to have around. Thnak you for your love and support. You are very dear to us and are NOT an old maid!!!! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete