Friday, April 3, 2009

Taking Time to Smell the Roses-Part 2

Okay---last post for the night. Three in one shot is a lot for me these days. But at least I can now say that I now am, or you are, all caught up!



This past week has been really hard for me. As much as I love our new state of residence, it lacks a few decidedly important elements. Most of those elements are familial in nature, but one that has been particularly hard for me this week is my dear guy. We've kept in touch since leaving, and while it was always a little hard, I was too busy to realize it was a lot of heartache. Until this week, I'd managed to ignore how much I truly missed everyone-but especially him. For some reason, the delayed reaction kicked in, and I found myself craving the connection that he and I have. Talk about withdrawal!

Anyways, in our various communications this week, this topic came up...initiated by him (hence the delayed reaction kicking in). I started crying, which for the record, I HATE! And each day that passed just seemed to make the distance a little more heart shattering. But this morning, whilst in the kitchen, that began to change. There was a perfunctory knock at the door, which Mom answered. I didn't see who it was, but she then called me out. And voila...I once again had flowers.

When I opened them up, I immediately noticed that my FAVORITE roses ever...thornless lavender ones-12 of them...were waiting to be freed from their restrictive rubber bands. There was the sweetest note EVER, and a cute balloon. Thanks to the sweetest man on earth, my melancholy evaporated. And now, I can smell my roses when I walk in the kitchen, and see them from my chair in the living room.



Ah...love is indeed a many splendored thing. Thanks Baby for knowing just how to make me feel better. It was the greatest thing you could have done.

3 comments:

  1. Well well. "Baby" huh? What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to be informed about "baby." So, somehow I miss your blog sometimes. I LOVE the picture of mom in the Clamming outfit and what a beautiful place! Did you start school again or find a job? We miss you guys! Inform me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch the cyber PDA! Glad he made your day.

    ReplyDelete