Thursday, October 8, 2009

I LOVE the first weekend in October

For those of you who don't know why, I'll tell you. Every six months, I receive one of the HUGEST blessings in my life. The leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints gather together to instruct and edify the WORLD in five two-hour sessions spread throughout the weekend. ALWAYS, there are talks that I feel are just for me, but I know there are others equally touched by these messages.

Two of my absolute favorites this time came from Elder L. Whitney Clayton of the Seventy and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the First Presidency of the church. I greatly admire the mere mortals who are called to serve the world and stand as examples for each of us. And I am continually thankful to be a member of such a tremendous faith. It's amazing that God loves us enough to send modern-day prophets to provide guidance and leadership for us. I truly do "stand all amazed at the love" our Heavenly Family continually gives to each of us.

I hope you will take the time to listen to these talks when you can, for they truly are inspired words that can make each of our lives better, not just as members of the church, but members of a world-wide family. We are each a child of a loving Heavenly Father and I KNOW that he wants us all to live a happy and productive life. I am touched by all the ways EACH of you, my dear friends and family members, have impacted my life and made it better. Thank you for continually, and often unknowingly, making me realize just how precious we all are in the eyes of our Heavenly Father.

Hope you can enjoy these messages as much as I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment