This week's thoughts have revolved a great deal around the people I love most. And, accompanying those thoughts came a great remorse for the stupid things I've let get me down. While some are fully justified, others are not. And I'm sorry for all the inane things I've let come between us. I will admit to being overly emotional a great deal of the time, and that probably freaks people out. Unfortunately, extremely deep feelings are a facet of my personality and I can't apologize for something that makes me, well...me. But, to those of you I've freaked out-or hurt with my over abundance of emotions-I'm sorry about that.
Now you know what happens when I get sick. I get even more emotional. And even I realize that is probably not the greatest thing ever. So, there are a few little things I've turned towards to help me combat those crazy girl emotions. One is a fabulous CD by Lady Antebellum. I've learned all the songs this week, and I really love it. So, if you're not totally opposed to country...go check it out. For the most part, REALLY good music.

Another comfort I usually turn to is books. There are two that I've been thumbing the pages of this week. When I'm not totally pessimistic about romance and the feelings it evokes, I've been turning to Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. I'm a succor for the classics, and somehow, old British stories always captivate me. This one is no exception. It's a fabulous piece of literary entertainment, and it makes me realize how blessed my life really is in this day and age.

I'm also a rather huge fan of Stephenie Meyer's The Host. For some reason, it draws me in and I get hooked every time. I don't know what it is about that woman's work, but I like it. I enjoy the simplistic writing style and the entertainment value it provides. And yes, that does include ALL of the Twilight saga. I don't know why I'm so hooked on her books, but I am. And I've learned to accept that adolescent facet of me. And yes, I'm very excited to know that there are now plans to turn The Host into a movie. For a girl who hates vampires and aliens (truth is they both terrify me), it is strange that I'm so enamored with these works. But I am. So...woo-hoo for The Host (book and movie!)

And because I'm an absolute nerd, I thought I'd include the New Moon movie widget. I'm beyond excited about this. I don't know if I'm more excited for the movie itself or that my sister gets to come up from TX and watch it with me. It is truly going to be a blast.
So, yeah. Just thought I'd blog about my really weird week. It's definitely been interesting. But I'm thankful that tomorrow starts a brand new week and I can leave this one in the dust!

Emotions are what make you real! Don't ever apologize for being able to show them! A lot of people do not even know how to show them! God gave them to you to use, not to hold! Remember that sweetie! I am also what others may call "overly emotion". I have spent my life trying to hide them from people and thinking that maybe I shouldn't show them. But you know what? Doing that just makes me miserable!
ReplyDeleteLove you Girlie!
Lizz