And...I wanted to show you just how close we have been to Orcas before. Welcome to their favorite playground.
The killer whales will get just that close to shore (which is deceptively deep considering the proximity to land) all because of the lovely bull kelp. But...they aren't the only animals who enjoy the glorified seaweed. Take a look and see if you can find our fun marine mammal companion for the day.
Can't see our little friend? Well you can either click on the picture to get the expanded view...or, the much more fun way...look below (I recommend the latter)!
This lovely creature stayed floating and ducking amongst the kelp for HOURS. At one point, we worried if it was okay. But, then we'd see it dive or roll, and our concerns about the possibly dead sea lion would vanish. Especially when he lifted his head and looked right at me. It was soooo cute.So, that was a fun day, despite the lack of Orcas, which I'm sure made it infinitely more enjoyable for our little showoff friend.
Have I ever mentioned that I love where I live?

Trevan just had me come here so he could see the seal. He just kept saying, "Awwww. That's cute!"
ReplyDelete