It was like trying to get into Fort Knox. The thing was giving me a REALLY hard time. All the while I'm trying to think what could be contained inside. Had I known, I would have taken a picture of the package before shredding it open. One of the other many guesses was Nicholas Spark's new book Safe Haven. While I was wrong, I was also not far off the mark. For what was inside was this:
There was no card, no tag, absolutely NOTHING to indicate who was kind enough to send me such a coveted device. You see, a while ago, I posted on Facebook how amazingly cool I thought this gadget was and that I was seriously considering making it my next HUGE gift to myself when I could afford it...which for the record, I knew would be a loooooooooong time away. The person(s) who went beyond generous and thoughtful remained anonymous, I think, because they knew I would FREAK OUT and think it was too much. But, they also knew how much I wanted one. In summary...they know me REALLY well.
So, to whomever I owe so much gratitude, know that I am in awe of your kindness and love. This is no mere gadget to me, but a very visual reminder of how blessed I am to have the people in my life that I do. I feel so loved, so precious, and so fortunate to know you...even though I don't know who you are. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
And yes, this amazingly cool gift is already on the charger!

Is that one of those Kindles? Sweetness. Somebody LOVES you! We love you too of course :)
ReplyDeleteMy brain is beginning to hurt trying to figure this out!!!!! From all our wonderful friends, it's hard to not be able to say thank you to your face!!!! Rachael is beyond ecstatic!!
ReplyDeleteWhat exactly is it? Book online thing?
ReplyDeleteCOOL!
Thanks again to whomever is sot thoughtful and generous!