So, here in my lovely hometown, there is a bit of national coastline. One of the great things about WA is the plentiful recreation surrounding, well, pretty much everywhere. And, to better it all off, very much UNLIKE Texas, the recreation is free. Which is pretty fabulous. Instead of paying $5 to picnic at a little community park, you can go watch whales and seals and porpoises, etc---and it's okay if you forget your wallet! I love it.
One of the places we've heard about since moving here, but hadn't gone to (until this instance three months ago) was Larrabee State Park...wherein one can appreciate the national coastline along with various other, and amazing sites. By far, one of the most amazing things at this park are the tide pools, especially during low tide. Herein are various marine creatures in so many colors it's unreal. So, take a look for yourself. These were just SOME of the amazingly cool things we've seen.



In addition to the purple and orange starfish, we've seen pink, red, and yellow. And these suckers (quite literally) are HUGE. Some of them are bigger than my two hands put together. And they're thick. It's amazing. I'd never seen starfish like them before. The longer I'm here, the more I realize just how different animals are in their natural habitat then they are in captivity...whether it be a clown fish, a starfish, or an Orca. They're so much healthier, active, and HUGE. I've never been a fan of wild animals being caged (or tanked-however you look at it), but suffice it to say, my soapbox is larger than ever.
Plus, this is sooooo much prettier than a zoo (whether land based or aquatic).
And, that is made so much better when I can enjoy it with people I love beyond measure.
It's so amazing every time I do things like this!! Heavenly Father's world is........!!!!!
ReplyDelete